Friday, November 18, 2011

Salad

I hate salads.  Ever since I can remember, I have been trying to find a dressing that would spruce up a salad enough for me to like them.  I remember taking a little of every salad dressing at restaurants thinking that one of them had to work.  How could I not like any dressing?  The worst, by far, was ranch.  I couldn't even stand the smell of it on someone after they ate it.  This past summer, a friend of mine brought a salad to our monthly dinner.  It was from Ya-Ya's, their grilled chicken Cesar salad.  Pretty amazing, unfortunately the dressing is not to be reproduced and I haven't had any luck in repeating this salad at home.
A few months later, my friend, who is also a Pampered Chef consultant, invited me over for yet another salad.  If you aren't a fan of Pampered Chef, you should become on, my life is forever changed in the kitchen because of this company.  The best thing to date, their chili lime rub.  This salad used this spice to create something amazing!  It is put on the chicken before it is cooked and mixed with, get this, ranch dressing!  So you have your lettuce and any other veggies you put in your salad, then you break up some lime tortilla chips and add your dressing, lots of dressing!  I was floored when she told me it was mixed with ranch, since I can't stand it.  By far the best salad ever, the kids are not fans, the hubby loved it also. 

No comments:

Post a Comment