Friday, November 25, 2011

Macaroni and Cheese

So who doesn't love macaroni and cheese?  I know that this has been one of my absolute favorite meals since I can remember.  Not the kind that comes from the box either.  The oouy-goouy kind with melted cheese on the top.  The kind that leaves stings of cheese on your chin.  OK, if you haven't noticed, cheese and pasta are two of my favorite foods.  And when you put the two together, ahhh, heaven.  Annie's Eats is one of my favorite websites for trying new foods.  You can always find something new and exciting on her page.  I found the classic mac and cheese recipe and thought I would give it a try, because while I love real mac and cheese, I have never made it.  I know, I can't really believe it either, but the truth must be told. 
So starting this recipe was a lot about preparation.  Shredding the cheese, getting ALL of the ingredients out, who knew there were 287 things that went into one dish.  OK, a little high, but still.   I did everything the way it said, garlic in the butter smelled amazing by the way.  Got it all together in the pan to put in the oven and sprinkled a little more cheese on the top.  35 minutes later, it was done.
Now to the taste testers.  Mark had been hunting that night, and was a little surprised when he came home to just mac and cheese for dinner, the man does like his meat.  The girls love mac and cheese so I thought that this would be a crowd pleaser.  Who would have thought I could be so wrong.  Mark took one bite and turned up his nose, as did Aiden.  Carly didn't even take a bite, she saw everyone else getting up to find something else that she did to.
I ate the damn thing.  Something happened with the sauce, need to figure out what, but it went grainy.  It wasn't bad, but it really needed some work.  Maybe another recipe when I get the courage to start it again.  I am hoping the next one works, just to cure my cravings.

No comments:

Post a Comment