Monday, November 28, 2011

Breakfast for Dinner

One of my favorite meals for dinner is breakfast.  I think it has to do with having something sweet for a meal.  Both sides of my family has a sweet tooth so I didn't stand a chance.  The fact is that there are so many good foods that make breakfast an endless possibility.  You could have sausage, bacon, ham, or steak, and that is just the meats! We have incorporated this into our weekly meal planner as well.  But as always, I am looking for something new.  So what better than something that would combine almost all of the best breakfast foods?  Nothing. 
Start with a can of Grands biscuits.  Fry up some bulk sausage and frozen hash browns.  Mix some flour and milk with the sausage to make a gravy.   Through a couple eggs in with the hash browns and finish cooking.  Pull out a muffin pan and take a biscuit and smash it into the muffin hole.  Put in some hash brown mix then add the sausage gravy.  Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 min.  So there, all the great things about breakfast in one easy muffin.
Sounds good in theory.  The girls didn't like them, but then, I have yet to find something new that they do like.  The husband at them, and they were tolerable.  But they weren't good.  They were too dry and needed more sausage.  I think I may retry the recipe, only put in half of a biscuit and make extra gravy to put over the top when they are done because everything is better with gravy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment