Monday, October 24, 2011

Why Bother?

If you have a 5 year old, then this statement is one you not only have thought, but most likely put into action.  For the past week, I have cooked dinner every night.  Now, every night was a tired and true recipe that the whole family has eaten not once, but many times.  Of the past weeks dinners, Aiden has attempted to eat two of them.  So that means, for about four days straight, she had cereal for dinner.  CEREAL!!  I spend usually about 30 min to an hour cooking dinner each night and the little turd tells me she (Aiden) doesn't like whats for dinner.  Really?  So a bowl of cereal it is!  Friday night I made chicken nachos and we had friends over for pumpkin carving.  She didn't like nachos that night, and of course had cereal.  Saturday, she wanted macaroni and cheese for dinner, and actually ate it.  I had leftover nachos from the night before, and wouldn't you know it, she was mad because she wanted nachos, even though she didn't like them the night before.  UGH!!!  I have given up on her and dinner.  I don't even make her eat what is made anymore.  If she says she doesn't like it, then I tell her to get out what she wants because I don't feel like the argument.  Is this normal?  I am hoping so because I don't know if she is going to grow eating cereal for the rest of her life!

2 comments: