Monday, October 17, 2011

old vs new

Growing up, I loved hamburger helper.  Who didn't?  It was the easiest meal to make, and all you needed was some bread and butter on the side.  Now that I have more refined tastes..ehmmm..hamburger helper is just not as good as it used to be.  So why not make my own!  It was something that was really easy to make once you knew what you were doing.  Almost the same ingredients were involved also, they just didn't come out of the box!  Hamburger, pasta shells, beef broth and cheese soup mix, and 30 min later, you have homemade hamburger helper!  It tastes almost nothing like the original, which is a good thing if you didn't like the orginal, but bad if you did.  The new version was not a good as I remember the old to be, but it seemed to go down alright.  Aiden has become so picky the last week, I think she would rather starve to death then eat something new, so needless to say, she didn't like it.  Carly on the other hand, ate bowl after bowl.  The husband, well he eats pretty much everything I make, so he ate and didn't complain.  Not sure if this one will be a keeper or not, might have to give it another trial run.

1 comment:

  1. i love hamburger helper!! my family used to make it all the time with garlic bread on the side... yum!!

    ReplyDelete