Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Roasted Garlic Paste.....what?

One of my favorite online blogs to get new recipes from is Annie's Eats.  She has a love for Macaroni and Cheese which is an all-time favorite of mine and the kids.  Sunday I decided to make pasta with roasted garlic, white cheddar and wine sauce.  I did have to tweak it a little because of all the things we didn't like in the recipe.  Personally, I don't like broccoli or wine so those were nixed right off the bat.  I simply added more chicken broth and replaced the broccoli for some carrots and fresh green beans out of our garden.  So first thing in the recipe you had to make roasted garlic paste.  Like I have said before, I am a baker.  I love any and all things that I can make with my Kitchen Aid.  A chef I am not.  Surprisingly, the roasted garlic paste directions were straight forward enough for even me to make, roast garlic for an hour in the oven, and squeeze out the cloves and mash with a fork.  See, super easy! And super yummy!  The dish came together nicely, and I made a loaf a french bread on the side.  Now the verdict would come in.  Carly loved it, she ate and ate and ate, until she noticed that her sister wasn't eating, then of course, she stopped.  Aiden did not like it at all.  She just stared at her food, not the reaction that I was going for!  The husband and I loved it as well, which is surprising for us, because we usually don't take well to new foods either.  Poor Phineas didn't get any leftovers either.  He is usually pretty excited when a meal is done, waiting in the kitchen for the kids to scrape their plates in his bowl.  So this meal will be one that we will keep, probably keep tweaking little by little to satisfy the munchkins. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great dish...are your kids hungry a 1/2 hour later like mine? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aiden is a graizer, she could eat every half hour if you let her! Carly tends to eat more at her meals so she doesn't snack as much. My husband and I both loved the dish!

    ReplyDelete