Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Pizza, Pizza, Pizza.

So my family is obsessed with pizza.  Actually, Aiden and I am obsessed with pizza.  It is the one,  well, one of many, dish that we can eat and eat and eat.  I could eat it everyday, for every meal, if only my husband would let me, sigh.  Jets and Pizza Hut are by far my favorites, something about a thick, chewy, greasy slice that gets my stomach roaring.  Not only bad for my waistline, but Mark doesn't like thick pizza, he likes the thin crispy crap.  On the plus side, we have perfected the art of homemade pizza.  We have an awesome recipe for crust, which I of course make with my Kitchen Aid, found a great canned sauce, and an equally great bottle of Italian seasonings.  Put it all together with some ouey gouey cheese, and you have the best homemade pizza around!  In light of that, why not shake it up and try something new. 
Now, I should have realized that this wasn't going to be the best idea because of the fact that we are so used to the great homemade pizza that we are used to.  Even though, I still thought, why not.  I saw on the handy dandy television an ad to make personal pizzas using the Grands biscuits.  So Aiden and I flattened the biscuits, added the seasoning, sauce, cheese (light cheese for Carly) and pepperoni, and popped them into the oven.  15 minutes later, they were done. 
They turned out nicely, they rose and browned and made a mess all over.  Aiden and Carly both flew over to the table and a few minutes later, dinner was served.  Then a few minutes later, dinner was served again!  They loved them, Aiden ate 3 and Carly ate 2.  SUCCESS!  They were pretty tasty, should have added a little more seasoning, because you really could taste the biscuit, but all in all a keeper. 

2 comments:

  1. I used to make those for the children I used to babysit. They also lived off pizza and loved them. It was an easy dinner to make.

    ReplyDelete